Presence Quotient®, also known as Presence, is a Christian 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides tools and training for individuals and families to apply Christian values to their everyday lives, bridge the cultural and generational gaps, and be equipped to lead and serve in their communities.
Since its Southern California beginnings in 2003, Presence Quotient® has expanded to Northern California and now offers a diverse array of programs, workshops, publications, and resources designed to build healthy families, churches, and communities. We also provide services through two initiatives: RE:NEW a Presence Movement and Presence Possibilities, and partner with our sister organization Presence Hong Kong.
The goals of Presence are to train children to become leaders, teach parenting skills, encourage family involvement and participation to support the growth in children, and build up healthy communities.
RE:NEW aims to partner with churches to challenge youth and young adults to re:new their faith by equipping them with the resources to know more of Christ, providing a venue for them to use their gifts to the full extent of their Kingdom purpose, and ultimately, encouraging them to live with purpose.
Presence Possibilities aims to equip youth and adults for the future, enabling them to utilize their talents to their fullest potential so they may serve and lead in their communities.
Based on a vision given to Agnes Ip in April 2002, Presence Ministry was founded in September 2003 and later on established as a Christian non-profit organization in November 2004.
Our Faith Statement
All the Board of Directors, officers, and employees in this ministry accept the following statements of faith. We believe in:
- The Unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The Sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture; as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all men since the Fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sins, solely through the sacrificial death of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God who is man’s only Representative and Substitute.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead, and His ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ the Lord to the Saved, and the eternal punishment of the unsaved.
- The indwelling of the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The only Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The certain expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Marriage as an exclusive legal union between a genetic male and a genetic female.
Presence Core Concept Model
An individual’s decision-making process is shaped by three interactions:
- Self strength
- Parental role-modeling / Adult Support
- Truth and Spiritual Guidance
Since the moral and spiritual core of an individual begins to consolidate by age 8, it is imperative that we strengthen these major influences in a child’s life with biblical standards.
In addition, we are influenced by our environment:
- Immediate Social Circle
- Multi-Cultural Communities
- The World
We believe that a child is not passively affected by the culture, but can impact his/her environment with leadership and service. This will widen a child’s worldview and decrease his/her self-centered attitude.
Our mission is to see the youth of today make moral and spiritual decisions according to biblical teachings.